New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  11:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a 2010 internationalCE and the steering boxis leaking at the sealwhere the steering shaft goes ontothe box is that sealserviceable or do i i have to take box out and take it apart?

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  11:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is serviceable. This is the kit number for one of my 2012 CE's 2502017C91

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  12:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done it a couple of times without any trouble. The seals install from the inside. You have to remove the cover on the back side of the box. Remove the sector shaft and you will find two seals. One facing out to keep out the dirt, and one facing in to hold in the oil. Mark the pitman arm before you remove it, and mark the sector shaft so you reinstall everything the same. There is an adjustment screw that sets the back lash for the the sector shaft gear teeth. You set that with a torque wrench. It's not really difficult, just be careful you don't make any mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  04:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are we talking about the same seal i believe the sector shaft is where the pitman are ataches to i am talking about where the steering column shaft attachs to box there is a plate where the two powers steering lines connect to that plate looks likeit just bolts on and slides off ?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  04:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got the seal kitand it had instructions it was messy but pretty simple thanks for the info guys
Go to Top of Page

Brook Peacock

116 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  03:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brook Peacock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My bad, I understood it wrong.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000