New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  08:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where do u guys get your cummins wiring diagrams i am trying to find the diagram for starting system on 2016 bluebird vision i looked on bluebird vantage and its not there so i am thinking its under cummins where do u guys get your cummins diagrams from i am having a intermitten no crank

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  10:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cummins quick serv.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  10:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cummins don't care about the starter that would be an oem additive i can tell you power for ignition comes from pin pin 5 in the j2 plug of ecm after that its all oems problem
i get my cummins diagrams from cummins they're nice cause they are laminated
cm2150 - bulletin 4021572-03
cm2250 - bulletin 4022230-02
cm2350 - bulletin - 4310801
not sure if those are part numbers but you local cummins dealer under "the right to repair" should supply them for free if you have enough units with that engine or at least sell you these

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  06:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually i found a diagram for it the starter cercuit goes from switch to i guess thats the body module the module under dog house then starter relay then stater i have signal from switch to module but intermittenly nothing coming out of module to relay but the diagram i have shows nothing about a netraul saftey or trans in park signal so i wanna rule that out before i say module is bad but again i cant find anything about the trans being in park this thing starts every third or forth try its strange its probably a wire some where
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  03:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
replace relay with a different brand
we have had some BB ignition switchs bad also
another one Body Module outside the bus cause if you have vandal lock it controls it. (yes that one sucked to figure it)
1 of our other shops I heard alternator was on the fritz and wouldn"t let bus start.
also BB don't list all the wiring diagrams so u need to call your dealer and have them get it fowarded to you by email.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  12:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had all my meters connected to the ignition switch neutral safty switch and the starter relay i been starting it for days with no problems and finally today it would not start i had signal into bcm from ignition switch i had voltage into bcm for neutral saftey but not signal coming out of bcm to starter relay only thing i dont no is where or what wire is for vandal lock from back door butit wouldnt start so i powered up the wire to the starter relay and it started then i shut down and its been starting fine everytime now could it be a bad bcm and by me sending 5volts to it it corrected itself ???????
and when i say bcm its the module under dash next to fuse box

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 10/12/2020 12:07:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000