Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Bluebird Vision no reverse signal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carbaugh

5 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  04:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit carbaugh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2012 Bluebird vision has no reverse lights or alarm. Multiplex shows input signal is good, output signal will flash a quick second then go out. switched ecm from sister bus with same result. checked connections. looked for related fuses relays ect. scratching my head on this one. Any ideas?

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  04:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carbaugh

2012 Bluebird vision has no reverse lights or alarm. Multiplex shows input signal is good, output signal will flash a quick second then go out. switched ecm from sister bus with same result. checked connections. looked for related fuses relays ect. scratching my head on this one. Any ideas?

It sounds like you have a short to ground if the output light comes on then goes out. The body control module has MOSFET circuit breakers inside.

By the way, did you switch the BODY control module under the dash or the ECM under the hood. They are two different boxes that do two different things.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

carbaugh

5 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  05:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit carbaugh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Yes I switched out the Body Module under the dash with a sister bus
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  05:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Ron. Definitely sounds like a short to ground.
Go to Top of Page

carbaugh

5 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  07:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit carbaugh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree chasing it down now so far no luck. Eating up labor
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2020 :  09:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unplug the connector for the reverse signal and see if it has an output that stays on. If it does, then your reverse circuit is messed up somewhere. ***** to eat up labor, but it's gotta be done.
Go to Top of Page

carbaugh

5 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  06:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit carbaugh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We got it sort of, using power probe worked through the circuit and was ok until we got to the rear bulkhead short somewhere in there. opened up and moving wires, short disappeared. so yea there is a problem there somewhere. I suspect a screw rubbed through. relocated what we could away from any screws and we will move on for now
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  07:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I have found is the screws that hold the 7" lights in sometimes are too long and rub into the harness. Glad you found the issue. Power probes save the day.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000