New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jumbaugh

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2020 :  09:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello im having an issue with a 2008 Chevy/Thomas minitor
i have only high speed to the rear heater no low speed. I have already changed the blower motor twice, thats not the issue, i checked the wires i only have power on the high side and nothing on the low side, I checked at the switch and have power on both sides

to sum it up I have power for high and low going into the breaker board but only high coming out relays are good breakers are good

Is there any other thing to try before i order a new breaker board?

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2020 :  11:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes Bergstrom heaters will have a resistor in the system in addition to the switch and the motor. I don't have any buses like yours, so I don't know if it applies.

Type in "2099004 resistor" into a Google search to see what one looks like.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2020 :  6:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, bad resistor.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  12:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have found right where the wires come out of the floor inside the loom they use a regular butt connector and the wire either breakes or its corroded really bad its usaually few inchs past where it comes threw the floor (under the bus)

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 03/06/2020 12:53:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

aaronthemech

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2020 :  11:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of the above have happened on ours as well, however, we also have encountered a "loosening" of the female terminals on the fuse block that houses the Circuit Breakers. We have both removed them and tried fixing said terms, as well as replacing them all together. But easy enough to check. Turn the switch to the low position, and wiggle the CB and the output wires on the fuse block.

-Aaron-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000