Thomas safetyliner rear engine wiper question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  09:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with the wipers on my rear engine Thomas . Yesterday the wipers quit . Today I have the bus in the shop . I unplugged the motor connections . I checked for power at the connector passenger one has great power Drivers side has crappy power . It shows 11.5 volts but my powerprobe light showing positive blinks like crazy meaning it isn't clean . The Passenger side has a steady light . Pluggen in right side and motor works like it should .Left side the motor jerks and then stops . I thought motor then when I apply good power to the left side motor it works great . So is there a relay that is bad ? If so where would I look . Bad wiper switch ? Thanks

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2020 :  2:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a wiper module/relay; depending on the vintage of you ER. Pre 2001 we used a 5200-2395 on the flat window WestcoastER's, and a 6120-1552 when they went to the "NewLook" curved glass buses in 2001-2002. I don't have any newer than that...
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  03:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The module is a small rectangle box mounted to the bulkhead inside the rt.hand fuse box area near the center of the windshield white plug with a ground wire under the screw holing the module. PITA to get to when it goes bad one of the wipers quits as a rule.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000