Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2010 SAF-T-LINER C2 temp control arm replacement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2020 :  11:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello we just got through our cold week [-42c one morning]. This Thomas c2 had no heat control on the front control unit. I found the heat control motor working but the arm inside the case is broken. We basically rigged it up so it was set to full heat, I have never changed out a arm on one of these units , it goes from the motor at the bottom to a flap higher up from what I can see through the ac condenser cover. I am wondering whats the best way to go at this, can the case be split from inside and change the arm, does the case have to come out or can it be done some other way?? This bus does have a/c as well. The arm I have is metal, supposedly a upgrade from the plastic one in there. Thanks for any input Roger.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2020 :  02:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our buses don't have a/c but when I worked for the stealership I have done that repair and yes the whole HVAC box comes out and you split the case , I have seen other guys do it on chassis but i always took it off

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000