Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 park brake dash light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muddywater

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2019 :  11:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Send muddywater a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Working on 2004, IHC 3800, vin 4h657437, with air brakes. Problem is the "park brake" light in dash cluster fails to illuminate when the park brake valve is pulled. I have checked and replaced bulb and bulb holder in cluster, while there I checked for power at cluster circuit board, It's good. Checked continuity of bulb and socket in cluster by touching ground side of bulb holder after bulb holder was installed back in cluster with test light, bulb works fine. Is this bulb ground side controlled through a computer, or controlled by a pressure switch in brake system? I have looked, finding only one pressure switch in brake system, that is the air brake system low pressure warning controller. Thanks for your time and any replies sent my way.

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  04:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There should be a switch somewhere near the parking brake valve. It's usually in line with the valve.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  05:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if this is the older style dash cluster they always had issues with the solder around the pins cracking in circuit board where the main plugs connect.... could be as simple as a loose pin on back of dash or switch as Ron stated above....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000