New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  09:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this 2010 bluebird vision isb6.7 the egr cooler came apart and pumped antifreeze everywhere i replaced the cooler the egr ports for the pressure senor where clogged cleaned them out and evetother port and tube i saw started it up and now i am getting an active egr pressure sensor fault so i removed the sensor and checked the ports again they where clear i figured there was so much antifreeze in the system it damaged the sensor replaced that still active code what are the readinf=gs suppose to be on the signal and return lines thinking now a wiring issue but it seams where that code wasnt there untill the cooler let go

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  10:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the code spn/fmi
How long did you run unit -check your conditions for clearing code instructions- it might need to see certain temps. and etc. before it will clear

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  11:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the code is 1866 the spn is 411
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  12:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good call bluenozer i gotta stop skimming when i read after i read the hole code reset i saw it had to get over 155 degrees i did that and it went inactive and was able to clear ugggg stop skimming lol
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Proof Diesel

8 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  4:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Proof Diesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just courious do you see alot of EGR cooler failures?
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2020 :  05:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Bullet Proof, we see our fair share of them. Most of our Cummins have been covered under warranty thus far, but that will be changing due to the aging of the fleet. We have replaced almost all of our Maxxforce DT coolers with aftermarket coolers. We have some Bostech and some Bullet Proof.
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Proof Diesel

8 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  08:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Proof Diesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@aaronwilmoth80911 .. Thanks for the info!! Are you running the ISB or the ISL engine?
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  08:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
proper driver training would reduce these from cracking, they only need 5 minutes of idle after a run to cool it, and gives the turbo a chance to slow down before oil pressure is removed from it

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000