Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2000 IH DT466e 626 code!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noahesmann

3 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2019 :  11:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit noahesmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been chasing down for 6 months, and now I am 100% stumped, so hopefully you all can help me! 2000 4700, dt466e Allison auto. Truck is stumbling, 75% of the time it won't stall (comes close) and the other 25% it stalls, and sometimes starts right back up sometimes it will just crank and crank. Doesn't smoke, won't even start on ether. Crank sensor, IPR, lift pump all new. It is throwing a 626 code for intermittent power loss to ecm... I went through every wire on this truck, everything is in great shape, it is starting to stumble so often I can't drive it, and it will do it just sitting in the driveway. Relays for the computer are good, even tried a different ignition switch. I am leaning towards the computer is going bad, but maybe there is something else I am over looking

muddywater

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2019 :  2:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Send muddywater a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Two things come to mind. First the camshaft sensor in the front of engine, I had one doing this, baffled me, then I was told about the cam sensor. That fixed it. Second, have you done a "wire wiggle test". I have found elusive problems like this, with engine idling go around and shake the wire connections at every connection, starting at the batteries and go through all of the connections and sensors. If it shuts down there's your problem.
Go to Top of Page

noahesmann

3 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2019 :  2:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit noahesmann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would the cam sensor cause an intermittent power loss to the ecm? I first thought that was my issue back in June, so I went to international and got a brand new one... But now its getting worse and worse by the day. I yanked on every wire I could get my hands on, and absolutely could not get the truck to act up. I had it running in my driveway today, left for about 20 minutes in my car, came back and it was shut off. Got in it and it started right back up. This is driving me CRAZY lol
Go to Top of Page

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  05:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
https://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38393
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000