Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 air door issue 2006 IC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

martincook

4 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  09:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit martincook's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi.My church has a small fleet of buses. I just bought a 2006 IC. It has air operated door. I can't figure out how to release the air from the door so I can close it. Our older buses have a lever to pull up or down. The door will stay open (pressurized) and I can't close it to lock it up. Any ideas? Thanks Martin

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking up from steps towards driver seat is there a switch on dash ( it faces door- opposite the am/fm ) not sure how to describe location anyway it is a toggle switch ( we only have a few like this but I'm sure they are newer) and the other system is like you said a lever above door inside and a handle outside the door to releases pressure

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  1:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bluenozer is correct. The switch should be on the right side of the dash, on the flat side facing the door, almost in the middle of the windshield. Not sure how yours are set up, but when we turn our buses off, the door automatically depressurizes so there's no need to flip the switch. We leave them in the "open" position all the time.

Edited by - g0ttadrift on 11/12/2019 1:02:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

martincook

4 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  2:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit martincook's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YES IT DOES HAVE THE SWITCH. NOT SURE IT IS WORKING.

quote:
Originally posted by Bluenozer

looking up from steps towards driver seat is there a switch on dash ( it faces door- opposite the am/fm ) not sure how to describe location anyway it is a toggle switch ( we only have a few like this but I'm sure they are newer) and the other system is like you said a lever above door inside and a handle outside the door to releases pressure

Go to Top of Page

martincook

4 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit martincook's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK I HAVE TRIED EVERY WHICH WAY. IT DOES HAVE THE AUTO AND OPEN SETTING. I WILL MESS AROUND WITH IT AGAIN. THANKS
quote:
Originally posted by g0ttadrift

Bluenozer is correct. The switch should be on the right side of the dash, on the flat side facing the door, almost in the middle of the windshield. Not sure how yours are set up, but when we turn our buses off, the door automatically depressurizes so there's no need to flip the switch. We leave them in the "open" position all the time.

Go to Top of Page

martincook

4 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  2:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit martincook's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since you are familiar with this bus, can you tell me where the oil filter is? We have never had a bus like this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Bluenozer

Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2019 :  10:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What engine is it?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000