New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2019 :  1:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious how many of you are replacing the R16 relay on the 2018-2019 Bluebirds? We have front engine buses and we've replaced that relay on just about all of them.
Symptom is no headlights or clearance lights.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  2:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by g0ttadrift

Just curious how many of you are replacing the R16 relay on the 2018-2019 Bluebirds? We have front engine buses and we've replaced that relay on just about all of them.
Symptom is no headlights or clearance lights.

No lights part of the time or all the time? I have a 2020 Vision that has clearance lights not coming on part of the time.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

carbaugh

5 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2019 :  04:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit carbaugh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had a 19 with this symptom for about 30 seconds couple weeks ago. probably going to be some issues
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep 1 of the first things we go after now ...not sure where our parts guys are getting the new aftermarket ones but seems like once we replace the the factory crap ones problem disappears.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2019 :  7:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No lights part of the time. Sometimes you can tap on the relay and it will work. Sometimes the relay is hot to the touch. Unclefish, I agree. We haven't had any issues with the aftermarket ones either.

Edited by - g0ttadrift on 11/20/2019 7:03:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dchandler18

5 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2019 :  5:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dchandler18's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2019 fleet of 245 with same issues but with def sensors and clip lights. Problem turned out to be crap relays manufactured by CIT. Replaced faulty relays with Song Chuan and all issues has been resolved. This also applies to clip light issues as well. Any component that has a CIT relay will have issues. Had same problems with HVAC system.
Go to Top of Page

busmaster54

United States
21 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2020 :  10:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit busmaster54's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have a no brake light issue now, tail lights work so no ground issue. Now brake input alarm and warning comes up on dash. Had same thing happen before and traced it down to a shorted strobe light which is not the issue now.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2020 :  06:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a Napa number for a suitable relay? I wish Blue Bird was a little more proactive replacing these CIT relays.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2020 :  08:13:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you happen to use TAC, I buy 3571998C1 (expensive, but much less expensive than the same number from International). Using this part has solved all issues so far, it's the Song Chuan relay mentioned above.

I do see a NAPA listing for AR606 which seems to be a common relay, I can't vouch for it, and it's higher in cost.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2020 :  08:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do use TAC. Thanks, I'll get a few from them.

quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

If you happen to use TAC, I buy 3571998C1 (expensive, but much less expensive than the same number from International). Using this part has solved all issues so far, it's the Song Chuan relay mentioned above.

I do see a NAPA listing for AR606 which seems to be a common relay, I can't vouch for it, and it's higher in cost.

Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2020 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

I do use TAC. Thanks, I'll get a few from them.

quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Perfect time to have a forum that is easier to past pics.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000