Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Maxxforce low power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adam1974

1 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2019 :  10:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit adam1974's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got a 2013 International bus with a Maxxforce diesel that has low power and starts hard. I've seen online that the turbos are know to have a lot of soot and need to be cleaned. Anyone have any success with this?

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  09:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1.never heard of the turbo issue
2. I would inspect the the high pressure oil manifold under valve cover for leaks, anything over 80,000 miles i would just pull and replace all 6 injectors and all 6 injector cups as units
3. with no cels (Check Engine light) on at all even during an extended crank?
4. remove intake and make sure grid heater is working and not clogged up with soot from EGR
5. any color smoke from exhaust?
6. could be alot of different things but this will get you started

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

underthebus

11 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  3:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit underthebus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maxxforce 7? We have found charge air cooler lines rubbed thru or blown off. Less sooted turbos and more in the Egr cooler and valves.
Go to Top of Page

Pablosi

9 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  07:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pablosi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought low power was a standard on an IC engine.
Go to Top of Page

TRex

86 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2019 :  2:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit TRex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Soot/coking on the 2010 double turbo's turbos is a definite issue. I think I read a thread on here several years ago. The gunk builds up on the blades and slows down the speed. We a blessed with a good turbo shop nearby. We send the turbo's to them to be torn down, cleaned and put back together. BIG difference. This is after making sure fuel pressure is correct and no leaks in the air intake system or exhaust manifold leaks. The Closed Crankcase Breather also needs checked. That will put an oil mist into the turbos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000