New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  06:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys i have this 2014 thomas minator bus the door switch wire for the child check was never hooled up since new so when u open door the alarm doesnt go of to remind u to hit button if i power the door wire system works right my question is doesanyone know where the tap into the gm harness to get the signal that the driver door is open??? the interior light doesnt even come on when u open driver door

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 06/19/2019 06:33:36 AM

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  10:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok correction apprently the wire that says door is not suppose to be hooked up but i have tore this bus appart tryin to figure out how the child check knows the driver door is open am pullin out my hair what hair i got leftcant figure out where they tie in to driver door
Go to Top of Page

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2019 :  5:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some I have worked on have an added a separate door jam switch just for that function, otherwise you would have to get the signal through the BCM (Body Control Module) which could cause other BCM issues if not done correctly. You also could look up on the manufacturers website for the install guide and follow the directions.
If the interior light does not come on and it's a chevy check the interior light override switches position.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  07:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i called my thomas guy that does warrenty for me he said there was a recall for body module problems due to the child check so they added a relay for the update in the driver kick panel so i checked the relay and it wasnt workin they had the relay wired wrong so its been that way for a long time they put the update in a yeafr ago o well at least problem solved and now iwill check the rest there where updated
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000