New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys her is a hear scratch i this 08 international dt466 driver said bus ran very bad lost power and shut down (right in the middle of the road) and would not start sent tow truck out when bus came in it had no fuel pressure and filter bouwl was empty so i pushed the prime dozen times cranked it over fired right up ran ruff for a bit then straightened out now its running likea top it has a farly new lift pump injectors where replaced about a year ago along with the pucks but seems weird to lose fuel pressure then prime it and its fine any thoughts

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2019 :  3:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one do something similar. lift pump came apart, and put a piece of metal in the fuel primer, keeping it open and thus no fuel pressure. Had to put a new filter head on it.
I got it running on the side of the road, but only for about 5 miles, then it quit again and wouldn't restart.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2019 :  04:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i figured it out the driver ran it out of fuel i didnt notice at first the fuel gauge was under E and the light was on it put a couple gallons in it drove to gas station it took 50 gallons so i am thinkinkin i was so low it lost prime because now its been on road for few days no problems damn drivers lol
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2019 :  05:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was the walking dead?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2019 :  11:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i should havesmashed his brain lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000