School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2012 ce intermittent door and laoding light issue.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  2:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2012 CE air door and loading light issue so far not able to duplicate myself but seen it happen for the driver. loading light and door switches located in steering wheel. both have been replaced as well as the clock spring. all wiring that is not in a loom is appears good between steering wheel and body module.
Driver will set the amber loading lights come to the stop and the door will not respond. the step well light does not come on, air pressure remains holding the door close until the emerg ext switch is flipped. most of the time the driver can use the red override switch to get the reds and crossing arm to activate but not always when this condition is present. I can not duplicate the fault to properly diag the cause of this intermittent (once a day or once in a couple weeks) issue. every time I get out with a spare the problem is gone bar once and only one hit of the door open switch and poof 100% again. No body codes, no diamond logic to play with either. Any one have a similar issue?

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  3:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a similar issue on a 2010 CE. Mechanic went nuts trying to figure it out. In my case, the issue only presented itself when the door needed to be opened. Same symptoms, but the door would eventually go, and closing was no issue. It got continually worse until it wouldn't open at all. Turned out the "tyco" relay inside the electrical panel was sticking. Swapped it out and the problem was solved.

Edited by - Kodie on 04/30/2019 3:01:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  05:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will look at the relays but have not heard of a "tyco" relay...
Looking at my unit it has 4 relays that activate when pressing the door open-close button, they are not labeled so I am going to dig into the wiring online and find the break down on what is where.

Edited by - exmod110 on 05/01/2019 05:59:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  09:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if it could possibly not be sensing that bus is at a complete stop when this problem occurs.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  1:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When the bus is not below the specified speed and the button is pressed there is a warning beep. From the camera we can see the step well light not coming on and do not hear the beep for the door opening while moving warning. Removing the relays does not have the same affect on the door-lights as the act problem, so ruled those out.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2019 :  07:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an update, we swapped bcm's with a sister bus. It took a week to show up but the issue followed the module.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000