Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 09 BB noise suppression switch nonop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  1:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Working on a 09 BB RE Cat C-7 school bus. The noise suppression switch on the bus quit working and the a/c and radio stay on constantly even when the key is in off position. Changed solenoids to no avail. Solenoids do make clicking noise when suppression switch is pushed. I have to take off negatives to battery so it will not drain overnight. Recently we had to have those child safety buzzers installed per California state law and that is when problem started. Any answers appreciated.

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  1:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which CCS system did you have installed?
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  1:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bus Scan 500
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  2:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you push the noise suppression switch does it turn those things off? Also, when the key is off do you have voltage to the signal side of the solenoid? I'm wondering if you are getting a feed back from your child check. If the child check is like the ones I use, you have to have power to it all the time to turn the dome lights one when you turn off he ignition. Then when the button is pressed in the back and the door is open the system turns off the dome lights. So, if they tied into your noise suppression solenoid that might be the issue. Just a thought.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  2:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No it does not turn the a/c or radio off when the button is pushed. Will check voltage on the signal side tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2019 :  05:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possible a wire on the solenoid is installed incorrectly

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2019 :  3:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, Bus magically fixed itself. Called out folks who installed child check. Went to show them what the problem was. And, POOF Bus was working perfectly. Installers looked at me like What is wrong with you man! LOL. They had to come out anyway to fix some other things that were wrong with the child check systems. But Im thinking maybe a relay or solenoid was stuck in the back of the bus. Have to like those problems that fix themselves.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2019 :  03:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrpicky

Have to like those problems that fix themselves.

There isn't much that I hate more than when these things "fix" themselves. I just keep thinking "Oh goody, I can't wait til it reappears!"
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2019 :  05:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

quote:
Originally posted by mrpicky

Have to like those problems that fix themselves.

There isn't much that I hate more than when these things "fix" themselves. I just keep thinking "Oh goody, I can't wait til it reappears!"

Yeah, out of nowhere and at the most inopportune time!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000