Multiplexing issue on 2013 IC CE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2019 :  9:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This bus has been a thorn in my side for a few months now. Even with the master being off you can still initiate the amber warning lights. Also the reds and stop signs will deploy with the master off if the service door is opened. I've checked the wiring, master and red override switches on the panel. I have also checked the steering wheel switches, I've checked continuity everywhere and it all seems to be in order, except that I'm afraid it's a multiplexing issue, and that's about as much as I know. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point, I wanna rip my remaining hair out because the regular driver misses more shifts than they show up and it never fails that every sub driver writes a ticket on it.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  02:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you had DLB you could check the logic ladders for that system , I've never had this issue yet but hooking DLB up to t is the only thing I think of, have you tried an ESC unit from another bus and try that would tell you if either A= bad ESC or B= messed up programming in ESC or C= wiring issue in the bus, then one would compare to a good working bus

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  04:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hadn't thought to try DLB, I will get right on that as soon as the bus gets back from morning route.
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  07:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: Everything is as it should be in DLB, so my next step is to swap out the control module. That is of course after I find where it's located. HAH
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  08:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Behind the right front heater. Look behind it and you'll see the BCM back there. Take the right hand gray plastic dash panel off to access.
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  12:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm happy to say that changing out the BCM fixed it. Thank Y'all!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000