New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  12:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, hope everything is going well in your world. I, like many of you, have been having trouble with the the rear emergency door leaking rain water and dust. I have a solution! I know many of you complain about your drivers and I do some as well. However, I must say my drivers are more like a team than employees of mine. That being said, I have a driver who is a retired engineer who used to work for Pepsico. He was in charge of making sure the production line was up and running is a division of Pepsico that makes some kind of snack food. His wife also drives a bus and she got a new BB a couple years ago and was having the problem I described above. He used a weather strip from Ace Hardware that works perfectly! The name of it is MD Auto and Marine Rubber Weatherseal. The Company is M-D Building Products. I don't have a part number but the SKU number is 43374 01025. It comes doubled and we just use both sides. It also has it's own sticky built in . Here's a link to Amazon, this is the exact item. Hope this helps someone!
https://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-Products-1025-Weather/dp/B000HE7YQM

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  08:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great tip thanks give it a try.. we have switched to BB now and noticed the most BB buses leak like a sieve . Also front cap we have noticed a lot leaks to.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  09:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unclefish

Great tip thanks give it a try.. we have switched to BB now and noticed the most BB buses leak like a sieve . Also front cap we have noticed a lot leaks to.

I have it under good authority that they are working diligently on the leaks. The rear doors have been leaking for years. This is a good fix so far though.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2019 :  10:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was something about the paint baking process not being hot enough to cure up the sealant used in the roof joints. Or so a guy from the factory who recently visited was telling us. They are working to get a handle on quality again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000