Explain a 2323 DTC for an IC bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  10:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I may have asked this before so I am sorry if I did . I have a 2008 CE 300 with the DT 466 . WE have had a bad coolant leak but need to run the bus so before every run we top off the antifreeze . Last n for about an hour and a half my triangle came on and said engine warning . So I thought another issue because when it would get low on coolant it would say so . so I hooked up my laptop and said I had a 2323 .Is this the same as a low coolant warning ? What does it mean ? Thanks

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  11:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see DTC 2323 being "ELC Below warning/critical level."

Means you're about to blow up this engine...
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  4:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Blow it up how ? Temp and oil pressure were good .Give me more info please.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  02:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unplug ECL sensor see if it goes open if it does wiring and ecm aok sensor bad
just replaced one of those side tank sensor for this issue

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  12:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some times I am little slow at what is being said . So if I unplug the sensor on the tank I should see what ? Should it show the fault if unplugged ? I need some explanation please . I guess I always thought if the tank is full everything is great ? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  1:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the warning is saying that the Engine coolant was extremely low. You know you have a "Bad coolant leak," so this warning could be legit. Or as Bluenozer is saying, the sensor could be bad. He is saying is you unplug the sensor, the computer should show the circuit as open. If you unplug and it shows the circuit as open, then the wiring and ecm are ok. so you are left with a bad switch or a legit low coolant level.

I just scrapped one that had this code, 'cause they blew the engine up. Seems the sensor was working fine....
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2019 :  02:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quick check on any sensor giving you issues , unplugged it, it should show open circuit , this would tell a guy that wiring and ecm are in working, if you short the two terminals together it would give a short circuit code

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2019 :  05:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddo

I just scrapped one that had this code, 'cause they blew the engine up. Seems the sensor was working fine....

Do your drivers not do a quick visual once over under the hood during pre-trip?
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2019 :  06:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Drivers do an inspection every morning . If there is a leak issue then before everyone The argument I keep getting is the color of the antifreeze is too lite to see in the sight glasses .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000