Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Chevy/GMC B7 parts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  08:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2000 GMC B7 that has a bad engine that we are going to junk. If anybody needs any parts off of it let me know. I know some parts are getting kind of hard to find for these. I know at least Bryan and I on here are still kind of fond of these buses!

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  12:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they are pretty tough. Where are you located?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  12:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Central Nebraska. Kind of makes me sick to junk it but can't justify putting an engine in it. Sad thing is it still looks better than some of my newer ones, almost never spent a night outside until two weeks ago.

Edited by - mquiring on 02/14/2019 12:52:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  2:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with the engine?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  09:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It broke a piston and tore up the block pretty good, bent the valves too.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  09:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mquiring

It broke a piston and tore up the block pretty good, bent the valves too.

You could probably find a used engine.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2019 :  06:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What engine is in it?
We still have a 2002 & 2003 in use,one spare & one regular route.
I personally have 2-366 engines that are very good for sale.
ED
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2019 :  6:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has a 3126 Cat. I'm just having a hard time putting a lot of money in it with 240,000 miles on it. It's the second oldest bus we own and it doesn't get used a lot anymore. My wife thought I was crazy though when I told her that I felt like I was having to put an old faithful dog down!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2019 :  05:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My wife thought I was crazy though when I told her that I felt like I was having to put an old faithful dog down!

Yeah, it may sound strange but I'm right there with you. I like my propane birds but they aren't these old faithful B7s. A Chevy B7 with a Blue Bird body is the best bus of all time in my opinion. SBF should do a survey on the best bus of all time. Of course us old timers would have a completely different perspective from some of the younger guys. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2019 :  10:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It has a 3126 Cat. I'm just having a hard time putting a lot of money in it with 240,000 miles on it. It's the second oldest bus we own and it doesn't get used a lot anymore. My wife thought I was crazy though when I told her that I felt like I was having to put an old faithful dog down!

I get it.

Next week I am scrapping a 98 International with 948,000 miles on it. I got it new (my first new truck working here,) with only 74 miles on it, and I put the first 1,000 miles on it driving it home from Texas. I told my boss he may have to go with me to the scrap yard, because I'm not sure I'm going to be able to drive back, lol

also scrapping a 1990 International with 1.2 million miles on it. I'm going to be a mess...

Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

305 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2019 :  12:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know that feeling!! Just this past summer I sent off the first bus I helped spec out after starting with the district. 96 Bluebird/GMC. 3116 Cat with 285253.6 on the odometer. Drove it on the trailer..... Driver said it was going WAY down south most likely. Ole dependable!!! #makebussesgreatagain
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2019 :  05:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! #makebussesgreatagain!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000