New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  04:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had to replace a turbo in a c2 6.7 i got the turbo from jasper came with actuator i gotit all on started up and the stop light came one codes said basically it needed a regen so u reset the maintance dpf did a regen and all was good this morning the regen light came on and flashed and some times it has a lag of power my i left my laptop on all night so its dead and i can check it yet but just wondering if anyone has come accross this why it wants to keep regening

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  08:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
egr delta p port is clogged up in the intake will cause this also causes egr cooler eff. bad and after a while will cause excessive regen code

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  6:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are u talkin about the two ports on intake that have a small allen screw and u take out and can clean and also not sure I understand second part it causes egr cooler eff? and will this cause a lack of power sometimes there are no codes at all now but sometimes it has not power on take off and sometimes it does
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  03:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In cummins insite do you have.
after treatment diesel particulate filter temperature stabilization "enabled"

The Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Temperature Stabilization feature has been released to improve the ability for low duty cycle and stop/go applications to actively regenerate the aftertreatment DPF during normal operation
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  03:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep just above grid heater. egr efficiency code the ecm thinks its a bad egr temp. sensor
the two tubes tell the ecm about egr valve position due to air flow( in case egr stepper motor fails) can cause low power cause the delta p sees no flow across the two holes which thinks the egr is closed but the smart device(egr) says its open ecm thinks bad cooler thats why no flow but egr says i'm open and the story goes on

Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  03:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
should have posted also how to do it in case someone doesn't know how to.

cummins insite
LH side- choose Features Parameters
-click on aftertreatment
-click on diesel particulate filter
- click on Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Temperature Stabilization
-look the RH and see if its disabled or enabled (click on box and change to Enabled)
-then up top choose the icon that looks like a computer+ecm [send to ecm]
-follow the rest of the on screen instructions.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  06:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i have the temp stabilization on i check the ports and one was clogged solid cleared it out waiting for new gaskets then will test drive just seems weird i have no codes for that and sometimes no power on accel but will see will keep u posted when i get gaskets
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  08:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only happens with the ISB the ISC and x12-15 all will bring up an egr code for the plugged port

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  07:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i cleaned ports put back together and it runs and drives great now just still not sure that the clogged egr ports with cause a no power issue i have run across the ports clogged before but they always set an engine light with egr flow problems never seen it cause this kind of problem
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  09:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the Egr depends on these ports being clean for proper operation ,doesn't always set a code for reasons unknown there is around 100 parameters for egr alone when doing a delete you would be amazed at the parameters that you go through and the newer the EPA the more parameters there is

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  04:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok my saga continues with this bus i gave this bus back to driver yesturday and she came in this morning saying its pinging under load so i took it out and sure enought when u accel hard it sounds like its pimgin again no codes and all data looks good any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  03:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check valve for injectors in the back of the head not bad enough for your 559 fun code seen this make the engine miss and be lazy , easy check disconnect right there on left side of engine just remember to run your leakage test while taking measurement(150ml in 30 seconds or 70)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000