New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2015 :  12:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have about 20 thomas C2 bus ranging from 2013 to present day we just recieved to brand new ones today now the 13's lean so bad to driver side the mud flaps are draggin the ground the two new ones we got today already have a slight lean the manufactor wants to put a spacer in the left rear but this is not a fix its a patch been fightin with them for a while now has anyone else had this problem with C2's leaning to driver side

#2busman

2 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  12:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit #2busman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is common practice method to fix the leaning issue for all bus manufacturers. The spacer is the best way to correct the issue. I have seen buses with excessive lean prior to delivery and this is the way we were correcting them with no issues later on.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  4:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have about 20 c2 buses the first one we noticed the lean about a year after we got it when the mud flap was draggin the ground the new one we just got has about a half inch lean right now so if they put a spacer in it now I am willing to bet a year from now it will be down again so that's what I mean by a patch it will solve the problem until the spring settles again we fought with dealer on one bus and they replaced the springs and that bus has been good its been only 8 or 9 months. the other thing is all of them lean to the driver side there is an issue there

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 01/15/2015 4:31:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Crown

89 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  06:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had a few bus types that were built with more weight on one side and that we had to add a spring leaf to. It's not a patch and we are talking many dozens of buses over a lot of years. There have also been new buses with springs (usually front) that sagged out right away and that we had to beef-up with extra leaf(s) or replace altogether. Most capable spring shops should be able to assist.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  11:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hear what u guys are sayin i just cant wrap my head around a brand new bus saggin already when they deliever it the ic and bluebirds we have didnt have that problem but i hear what your sayin

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 01/16/2015 12:20:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2015 :  3:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ones we had doing that had to have the air ride leveling valves replaced/or adjusted. There is a leveling valve for each side on the rear.

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2015 :  11:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this bus is not air its regular leaf springs but the dealer has agreed to replace the leaf spring will see what happens
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  4:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All of our new HDX's are leaning heavily to one side. Its about 1.5 to 2 inches measured difference at the wheel arch above the rear tires.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2015 :  07:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the newest one we got was a half inch down on drivers rear when we got it its already one inch and we had it for i think two weeks but most are down ich and a half on driver side but again the dealer agreed to replace leaf spring our state inspectors dont allow for a shim to be place in the shim pack so this is y they are changing leaf spring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000