Enter Forum: General Interest
 Other questions for my bus project :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goosedump

6 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  9:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, its me again :) Thank you all for answering my questions. More of you have given me quality answers than I ever expected :)

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not really "doing" this project. This is a "make beleive" business project for one of my school courses. We (my group) felt that this venture was something our University really needed (there is demand).

Anyways, I still have a few questions.

1) How would I calculate maintainance costs on a monthly /or yearly basis? What are key ideas in maintainance that I should explore (ex. Engine? oil change?). Sorry, I'm a total newbie when it comes to cars/buses.. any type of automobile. The geography that I'm putting the bus through is mainly highways and paved city streets. Nothing like gravel roads or anything. It snows occasionally too (Canada...).

2) Modifications on a bus, fitting it with the gear that I think will be most suited. What are the costs of doing this? Are these free when ordering from a manufacturer?

3) From what I understand, I need some kind of permit to drive the bus. I also need a qualified driver. Is there anything else, anything obscure that I need to think about? I want this report/project to be as accurate as possible.

4) I don't expect an answer for this question, since it can be considered doing MY work but here goes nothing.. If you were to write a report on what I was proposing (Bus transfering students to get groceries on the weekday and going to Toronto on the weekends), what key issues would you definately focus on? Nothing detailed, but I just want to see if there are any ideas that I'm missing. So far I'm focusing on costs of buying the bus and maintaining it.

I would like to end by saying thank you all for being such great help!

goosedump

6 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  9:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry realized I put down Canada instead of where in Canada! The bus will be mainly working in Waterloo Ontario Canada, just south west of Toronto. The bus will be going to toronto every weekend (around 200km).

Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goosedump,
I honestly don't know if you will get any responses to this or not. You weren't honest with us as a group with your first series of questions, how are we to know what you're up to now?? If you had stated your case, advised this board of your real intentions initially, you still probably would've gotten answers. Now.... who knows. I don't like playing games with people, especially if I'm not aware of it! If you want info, don't b.s. people!
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  1:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think what goosedump meant is that the college or school or whatever is not actually acting on this presentation, but rather have the group present it for the class as an assignment. I don't know if goosedump implied it or what, but I don't think he/she (haven't read the profile yet)siad they'd be doing this. You shouldn't have anything to hold against goosedump. If you still believe he/she was "b.s. ing" you, at least learn to forgive and forget.

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com

Quote:
"The pacifist's task today is to find a method of helping and healing which provides a revolutionary constructive substitute for war."
-Vera Brittain
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  6:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What Goosedump means is that he isn't starting a business, he is collecting the research for a class he is taking, it is an assignment, and that is what he means by make-believe.

In rememberance of the best conventional ever produced- A Thomas Built Buses Body on an International Chassis.
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  7:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas 86 seems to understand.My objection has nothing to do with providing information, it has to do with misrepresenting the intent. I am glad to help anyone I can in business or with a school project, but I don't like subterfuge. I can certainly forgive and forget, but it doesn't mean I have to like being led to believe this was going to be for an actual business when in fact, that was never the case. I have always believed that honesty is the best policy.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

goosedump

6 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  8:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry if I upset anyone in this forum. I did not deliberately try to misslead you, it is all a missunderstanding. this project has always been a school project that I need to present as a group(with my group members). I was in charge of taking a look at the different types of buses that might suite our needs. I was surprised when people started giving me very detailed steps on making sure this venture is legal. To clear everything up, I thought I would explain to everyone(through this post) that this is not a "real" venture, but a school project. I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

I understand if nobody "trusts" me anymore and are not willing to answer my questions but I am still here, listening if anybody wants to give me their 2 cents on my project.

I personally appologies to wagonmaster and anyone else offended.

Hope that clears things up.

Go to Top of Page

goosedump

6 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  8:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to clear things up some more. I was very happy with people giving me detailed steps on making this venture legal. That information is very important and I'm glad that someone mentioned it. Any idea is a good idea. Here in this forum, I'm only a student among teachers.

Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  04:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apology accepted. Good luck with your project!
Joe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000