Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2002 International
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guys I'm looking to purchase a 2002 International IC bus. It has been wrecked in the front but otherwise its a clean low mileage bus. My question is will the hood off a 3800 fit? The hood looks the same but I havent gotten any measurements yet. I have all of the other parts needed to put it back together but didnt know about the hood. Thats a hard hood to find.... Thanks for any input

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  12:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How bad of a wreck? Last spring our bus 1, 2004 IC CE 64 PAX was in a low speed wreck with a parking lot light pole. By the time the insurance company and the truck shop finished the fourth estimate adjustment the repair costs exceeded the value of the bus by almost double. There was so much "hidden damage" they kept on finding along the way.

OH, i do not know about the hood fitment from one chassis to the other. The only thing i know is 2002 was a change over year according to the IC wikipedia page.

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"

Edited by - 05ICCE on 06/08/2013 12:53:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Schoolbus56

United States
128 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  4:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hood will fit.. the radiator will be a little lower inside the 3800 hood. But the hood will match in the firewall area because thats the same and it has been the same since the S Series ( with the exception of the fenders)

wow.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  6:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sweet........Thanks for both responses. This one was in a low speed wreck also. I was told it hit rear of another bus in the bus loop. The body has slid forwrd maybe an inch at most. I dont see any hidden issues and I would drive it home like it is. Yes their body shop gave an incredible qoute to repair and given the age and the possiblity of their operation being contracted out next year they opt'ed not to fix it. Its a 2002 54 passenger with 140k miles Head Start bus. I wanted to do a little reaserch before I made an offer on it.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  05:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the body slid forward on the frame it was a lot more than just a bump. Be carefull and dont let the price trip you up.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  08:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C.Hardy I don't know where you are located but we have a good used 3800 hood here. Poseyville, IN

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  6:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
From what I am learning it doesnt take much for the body to move on the frame.....I dont see any other damage but yes we are going to go over with a fine tooth comb and I know the guy that has it and he is pretty honest. I trust his word.
quote:
Originally posted by tigger2

If the body slid forward on the frame it was a lot more than just a bump. Be carefull and dont let the price trip you up.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  6:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a good 95 model bus that blew the engine and yes I have the hood, bumper, and the rest of the stuff I need. Thanks though its good to know where parts are. I am in Virginia by the way..
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

C.Hardy I don't know where you are located but we have a good used 3800 hood here. Poseyville, IN

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000