General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Photos: Seeing Double
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThomasBuilt139

24 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  10:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasBuilt139's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any buses in their fleet or that they've seen in general with little odd things about them? Such as double cameras, double phone numbers, double numbers, stuff like that? I know usually there's a reason but with some things it's just silly... for example:

Three White Line Warnings...

Double Phone Numbers...

2 Cameras...

This ones pure Laziness

Mis-Matched Mirrors:

Fancy FS lettering

Odd numbering... (350 with an O)

Two stop signs on a mini bus?

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  09:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats all typical First Student. Ours are all like that too.
The best one ive seen is a bus with 2 different license plates on the back. After 6 months someone finally took the old plate off.

Robert B.

Edited by - 78fordwayne on 01/11/2013 09:18:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  1:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That last bus shouldn't even be on the road in NY. No illuminated sign. And I have no idea what the hell they cobbed together on that sign to begin with and those marker lights.

Good ol FS.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasBuilt139

24 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasBuilt139's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since you say that, our 573 and 574 had the samee thing until last school year they converted them to this:

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  6:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So what is going on with the bus you are calling lazy? I have not found anything yet.

Anyway, one common thing I would notice on Michigan Thomases was the numbers being abbreviated in certain locations. All four corners of the roof would have "88-25" for example, but the panel by the front door, and the rear tag space, would just say 25. It was mostly this way on our 1988s, but I have seen numerous other buses in Michigan of other years this way. In fact, a bus I sometimes follow on my way to work is "57-02," but on the rear it only says 57.

Things my hometown was notable for was replacing items with a standard part regardless of what the bus came with. My own bus is a Ford, but it was retrofitted with Navistar fender turn signals at some point, probably because the bus wash broke off the old ones. It was lucky and got them replaced in pairs. Later on, buses did not have things replaced in pairs. One was particurlary mismatched with a Rosco hawk eye mirror for one crossview, and a Mirror Lite Bus Boy for the other; a Navistar turn signal on one side, and an OEM Ford on the other; and a 7" back up lens on one side, the original 4" on the other.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

ThomasBuilt139

24 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  02:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasBuilt139's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Every other bus in that fleet is labeled "Valley Central School District" and rather than removing the bigger First Student INC they left it there and slapped "Valley Central" on behind it. On the other side it's actually at an angle too.
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  5:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At second glance the "laziness" one appears to have mismatched light lenses on the rear.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasBuilt139

24 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  10:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThomasBuilt139's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000