Health hazards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RweThereYet

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  3:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently became aware of a student who has special needs issues but rides main stream bus. It has been known for some time by the students teachers that in the classroom the student touches their rectum and subsequently has feces on their hands. The student all to frequently touches themself in this manner on the bus. No one within the school ever alerted the driver of this issue. Is it any wonder that drivers walk/run away from this job....!

Administrators state that the driver should just discretely make the other student onboard aware of possible health conditions on the bus.

How's that for passing the buck ? ! ? ! ?

FrankP

53 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  1:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seriously??? If it were me, I'd refuse to drive for health and safety reasons, and put those reasons IN WRITING! And I'd CC anyone and everyone! In Mass., we are afforded that right. Ever hear of sepsis? Good Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  02:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is where the mainstreaming gets out of control. It's great that we are able to send so many special needs kids out into the world with everyone else...that's a valuable experience for both sides...but when you are risking the health/safety by doing so, it crosses a line.

That student needs to be on a special needs bus route that is equipped to handle such things. Just my opinion.

Edited by - Thomasbus24 on 12/14/2012 02:58:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000