Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT466 No Crank
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EPTow

3 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  08:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit EPTow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Went out to start truck & everything comes on But it will not cranks over. Pluged in scanner & it cant read anything, Looks like ECM is not getting power. Tested fuses on battery's. still no power to ecm. Grounded starter relay & it cranks but it wont start. The truck ran when we parted it two day before this.

Any help would be great.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  08:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the wiring that runs from the fuses in battery box to the relays. Check closely any connectors along the way, especially any that might be down low and subject to corrosion and damage.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  05:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fastback's got it...those plugs under the left side of bus. Eliminate them plugs and butt them wires together.
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  4:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A little more info would be helpful. Model year, standard transmission or automatic. Allisons had a lot of neutral safety switch wire grounding issues.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

EPTow

3 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  09:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit EPTow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I working on a 4300 flat bed, Standard tranny. I have checked the fuses, plugs & checked the wiring up to were it goes in to the main harness, Everything looks good. The truck also has had a problem burning up ecms. The fuses on the battery will get so hot they will melt but not blow. We just replaced the ecm three day before this happened. Had ecm checked & its good. At one point a couple years ago we replaced the motor harness.
The ecm power wires at the battery are red ( power ) & white ( ground ) they run up to the starter area to a plug, after that plug the two wires are now purple. Thats when the wires run up in to the main harness. I found a plug in the harness that has two purple wires & a pink wire. So I tested it. the pink wire is a ground & only one purple wire has power. but when you test for power on the ecm plug theres no power. I not sure what to do next
Go to Top of Page

EPTow

3 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  11:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit EPTow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok here is where I am at. The ecm & starter relay in the fuse box under the hood is not getting a ground. Today I grounded both the ecm & starter relay & it started right up. So now I have to figure out why the relays are not getting a ground
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000