Ecosystems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mktreadwell

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  08:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any feedback on Ecosystem's products? In particular, the washable filters and the fuel enhancer.

Thanks in advance

ECOTAZ

1 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  2:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit ECOTAZ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ECO-Systems fuel enhancers just started being used up north. They have been used in Texas for over 6 years now. Several fleets with over 200 buses are using ECO's on there entire fleet. Many schools spec the units on their new purchases to reduce regens and lower maintenance cost on this issue. Most all schools in Central and South Texas have them on there fleets. references can be found at www.etieco.com
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  06:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My district had an outside company(Honeywell)come in and do a energy management/efficiency survey and this product was included on the RFP. I had a few to install so far there is no significant increase in fuel economy might show .05-1 percent on some nothing on others, and that could be attributed to alot of different things, weather, driving habits or daily fueling differences. as far as regens or emissions? hard to prove.
There is another district in this county that had the same type of survey done except theirs was done by Johnson controls, they have a fleet of the fuel enhancers(for the past 14 months) and they have told me the same, they can't see any difference with or without the product.
I did alot!!! of calling around on these devices (6 months ago) and could not find anyone north of the Mason/Dixon line that had tried or was using it. I called the people up north, that the salesman for product gave me, some of the companys I spoke with were using a fuel additive in there bulk tanks but none I spoke to were using this product at that time.

Edited by - slippert on 08/12/2011 06:40:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000