Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 refueling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  05:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone out ther encounter any problems with refueling GM cutaway diesel mini buses? We have a couple buses that will not accept fuel except at a trickle. We have replaced the fuel filler tube and still have the same problem.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  05:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the smaller hose that is inside the filler hose hooked up at the fill point? I had the same problem on a 1 ton truck with a flat bed one time. When that hose is not on there it does not vent properly wile filling.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  05:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had some buses that the mfg. had the set body down on the fuel inlet hoses and partially block the flow of fuel. Same result as you speak of here. We loosened the rear mounts (100 gallon tank mounted in rear) pulled the lines lose and problem was solved.

Joe
Land of the Free, because of the Brave!
Go to Top of Page

mbillman

United States
30 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  10:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flyboy I am not sure if it is set up the same as the pickup and vans are but they have a issue with the fuel vent solenoid. The vent solenoid sticks closed and does not allow the fuel tank to vent. This causes the very slow fuel fill condition. They have updated the solenoid and the hoses for the trucks. I am not sure with the vans or cut aways. Might be worth looking into.
Go to Top of Page

NWCROWN
Advanced Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  11:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The companies that build vehicles on the chassis don't always take time to route fuel filler hoses properly. This was a regular, constant issue when I worked at a Chevrolet dealership, everything from kinking hoses to pinching hoses, and in one case, removing a hose and leaving it off the vehicle which made a mess when they filled it (or tried to) on delivery, being a 1995 model it did not set off OBD II Evap codes, I think it was a motorhome conversion.
Go to Top of Page

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  05:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We think we found the problem. It appears that the fuel filler hose was crushed enough to pinch off the venting outer hose when the tank was in place.We gave the hose more clearance and that fixed the problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000