#6 has a twin...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  01:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
...and it looks like I might be getting it!

I just received word from the Wahkiakum School District in Cathlamet (where #6 came from) that they have a 1956 Kenworth-Pacific School Coach in their lot that they're surplusing.

It's got the same configuration and powerplant as mine, and was hit in the rear end a few years ago which took it out of service.

Depending on the damage, I may end up with TWO KW-Pacific units!

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  06:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I look forward to seeing photos.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here! Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  5:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cant wait to see!

Go to Top of Page

93CarpFord#11
Top Member

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  6:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit 93CarpFord#11's Homepage  Send 93CarpFord#11 an AOL message  Click to see 93CarpFord#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 93CarpFord#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck! I can't wait to see it.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

NWCROWN
Advanced Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  11:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder how much other old stuff they have laying around. I am not sure if Wahkiakum ever had Gilligs, but they still run a few Crowns.
However, the only bus of theirs I ever see traveling through Longview these days is their newest IC-RE.

Speaking of old stuff, I know as recently as a year ago Castle Rock had an old Gillig sitting in their bus lot by the middle school, which looked like it had not been used in quite some time.

Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  4:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder how much old stuff they have laying around, also. I found out that the damage in the rear may be rebuildable on the other Kenworth (and I know where I can get parts for it, if need be), so if I end up getting this bus for sure, that'll be the first thing I do.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  7:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you get the bus, I love looking at the restoration you do to them. Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000