Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  1:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love to design buses in my spare time. Someday I would like to start a bus manufacturing company. Here are my designs. They are a little distoted, but tell me what you think.

FE bus

CE bus

Type B bus (this one is my favorite)
Tell me what you think of these designs and what you would change. Does anyone else like to design buses?

Edited by - Lifestar Fe on 11/12/2007 12:06:49 PM

ATRE 1507
Top Member

United States
673 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  1:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit ATRE 1507's Homepage  Click to see ATRE 1507's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They're cool. I like to spec them.

Bus 1507: 2001 AmTran RE

Student
Fairfax County
Area One Transportation
Go to Top of Page

schoolbus64

United States
28 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  2:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see schoolbus64's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awsome pictures!!!

Alyssa Hutton
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  3:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, I like how the back window setup is its cool. Nice job.
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  5:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well i design buses myself and they will be a apart of the update to my site.

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  6:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll need to show my latest off someday. Really nice, Lifestar.

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  8:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I did a 3D design of what I think the Gillig Transit Coach school bus should look like now (had they stayed in the school bus industry) years ago. Other than that, I haven't done any "designing" other than drawing up the blueprints for the restoration of my own bus.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  8:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is one of my FEs from two years ago.

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25rx7.png

Edited by - Rich on 07/09/2007 8:49:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  8:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, Rich that is amazing. Do you have more?
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a look at my newest design, completed ten minutes ago, it is a 2010 RE, I will leave the company up to you. I am stayig with my wrap around windshield concepts.

Edited by - Kodie on 07/09/2007 11:12:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that one

I just located my 3D Gillig school bus design. I followed the design of the original, right down to the front and rear roofcap curvature, and then incorporated modern lighting and the Thomas ER HDX mirror design.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  03:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice, Steven. I wish I had enough patience to make something like that.

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  08:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, all of yours are way better than mine. I like those HDX mirrors on the Gillig, the look better thann they do on the HDX! I am learning to use a 3D modeling program, but I dont think I would have time to do something that good. That FE design looks great too, I like it better than my FE. Good RE to, I didnt see that before. I like that big windshield!

Edited by - Lifestar Fe on 07/10/2007 2:48:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  5:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here is a RE that I just finished. It is based on the Wayne RD9000. The tires are undersized, and its blurry, but here it is

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  6:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My updated design.

2010 IC RE:
-Wrap around windshield with combined driver window for improved visibility.
-Lower strobing warning lights for improved safety and visibility in small cars and bad weather
-Standard upper warning lights, non strobing
-First ever entry door side stop sign for wide right pullover lanes
-Improved engine access. Engine service doors open side to side vs. the old over head engine service door.
- Air conditioning available
-60-90 passenger
-Cameras mounted in trouble spots on exterior of the bus
-Improved Defroster system
-Standard integrated crossing arm motor
-Trio stop arm system. Dual on driver side Single on door side
- Enigne options:
Re-engineered T444E engine
Maxx Force Diesel
-Wider aisle, increased by 4 inches to allow easier mobility and safety.

Edited by - Kodie on 07/11/2007 11:19:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  9:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't read the text annotations on yer drawings

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I will post something tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  11:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great RE. I love those new options

Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  07:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can find some of my designs at my website. CLick the signature.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

disp29
Advanced Member

United States
202 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Send disp29 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW... Amazing! You guys all did a VERY, VERY wonderful job on all of those models... breath-taking, all of them!

kEvIn

Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's a Front Engine design I made in my spare time:

You'll notice a few details may be missing (mirrors) and I also spaced out where some colors need to be (the flashers). As well, stray marks are present in a few places. I had many many more designs, but I had to reload Windows on my computer and never got a chance to save everything else to a disk. This is all for now.

What is this "Hydraulic Brakes" nonsense you speak of?

Edited by - jjf221fe on 07/16/2007 3:31:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love this one Steve!! Especially the "UNLAWFUL TO PASS WHEN RED LIGHTS FLASH" sign.

quote:
Originally posted by Steven A.Rosenow

I remember that one

I just located my 3D Gillig school bus design. I followed the design of the original, right down to the front and rear roofcap curvature, and then incorporated modern lighting and the Thomas ER HDX mirror design.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net/GTCA_user_galleries/g2data_8b1037c53f/albums/DesignProp/GilligDesignProposalFV_1.jpg

http://www.gilligcoaches.net/GTCA_user_galleries/g2data_8b1037c53f/albums/DesignProp/GilligDesignProposalRV_1.JPG

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

Nate

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Nate an AOL message  Click to see Nate's MSN Messenger address  Send Nate a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I drew my own bus design....though, I gotta find it and scan it. I call it the 2009 Blue Bird Vision. It's based on the visions, but the headlights and turn signals are seperated. The signals are above the headlights now. It's kind of hard to explain, so I've gotta find it and scan it.

Hold my mountain dew and watch this.
Go to Top of Page

Nate

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  7:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Nate an AOL message  Click to see Nate's MSN Messenger address  Send Nate a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

Hey, Jared, your site is slightly screwed up. If you try clicking the Chevy Kodiak, it goes to "Web design". Just a heads-up

Hold my mountain dew and watch this.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  01:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jared after looking back at your 09' Blue Bird Vision I really do like, maybe not for a Vision but the other features are very nice. Good job on that. Keep up the great work. Have you ever tried making a transit style bus?
Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  7:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I decided to make an updated pic of my design a few posts up. Still has a few kinks, but it shows a little more details.

Go to Top of Page

WhistlingGasser23

United States
18 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  6:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjf221fe

Here's a Front Engine design I made in my spare time:

That thing ought to have one heck of a tailswing! O_O
Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  8:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
^^ Well yeah, I would imagine that an 84 pax. front-engine design with elongated windows and very generous legroom (some of my specs) would have quite a tailswing that accompanies it. ^^

Go to Top of Page

WhistlingGasser23

United States
18 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  11:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel sorry for the unlucky victim in the other lane passing by when the rear end swings out.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  1:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven A.Rosenow

I remember that one

Steve, I just know that those lights are from the stockroom of 3M's programmed visibility manufacturing line.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

YellowBox
Advanced Member

Puerto Rico (USA)
254 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  8:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

AWESOME !!!!! (Do I spell it right ?)
Nice concepts man. I really like the future look on those Blue Birds.
Can you do a future 2010 WAYNE concept ???
It will be great to see how a future WAYNE will look.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdMan

193 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  10:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueBirdMan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dang it you guys got me itchin' to draw up a bus!

Bring back the "backing" sign!
Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's a quick new design I've made... I wish Blue Bird would take this up someday, I think it would be a pretty good success. It's based off of Kenworth's T-300 Class 6 commercial truck series.

It's a blue activity bus (no stop signs, no flashers)

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  4:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quick design, ha. That is amazing looking, you would have to sit pretty high up the way those Kenworths are designed. Great job on that.
Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  4:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you... Well, from what I see in comparison to the vision, I would be led to believe that the driver's seat would have to be too much higher if any higher at all. Also one of the local firetruck pumpers is a Kenworth (based off of the T-300 front-end design) and I had the lucky oppurtunity to go and check it out every tuesday when it goes down to the pump house right in the back of my house (in front of Mettawee river). It's actually not as high up as one would assume. The forward visibility in those things is astounding, one reason I believe it'll work well as a school bus design. Also, it's pretty asthetically pleasing too.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  5:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What sort of program did you use to create that?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000