iPhone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  03:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, todays the launch.

Anyone going to wait in line to get one today?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Looks pretty neat, but a tad on the expensive side.

-Jake

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  06:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I own a few apple products, plus perfer them when working in graphic communications/ desk top publishing, but I wouldn't buy this product til it's out for awhile, some features won't be available, plus bugs.
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not me. I'd never figure that thing out!

Plus, I only use a cell phone to make PHONE CALLS! LOL

I just got a new phone under that "new for two" thing with Verizon. I agonized over which one to get. Online review sites are worthless...just as many folks will say a phone ***** as say it's great.

Anyway, I wound up picking a LG VX-8300....my old one was a LG and it was just so-so. This one seems to be somewhat better. One thing I like is when you are dialing, the numbers are HUGE on the display....even an old man can see them without his "cheaters".

Oops sorry, I know there's a cell phone thread on here somewhere....

Go to Top of Page

Gini
Top Member

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  2:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Gini an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'd love to see one in person, but i'm not interested in getting one. i'm like IC, i only use my phone to make calls. besides, i'm saving my money for the fall, when Leopard is released. i think i'll give in to temptation to upgrade to a dual-core Mac.

1Peter 1:3
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know this is off topic but I just got a MacBook a few weeks ago!

Phone wise I have an LGVX8700. Its pretty cool because its stainless steel. I also got this a few weeks ago.... FOR FREE! Verizon does new every two and the phone was free with a rebate!

P.S. IC, my mom got the same phone as you and she LOVES it, and there really isnt much to it haha

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.

Edited by - IC-RE on 06/29/2007 5:18:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  6:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got mine, and WOW!!! The line was out the door, but it pays to know people in high places. Even better...I convinced my company to pay for it! I just have to submit the cost for reimbursment. This phone is just as great as all the other Mac products I own. Now, if only I knew how to make a phone call......jk.

=
Go to Top of Page

Gini
Top Member

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Gini an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BusFreak-w00t!!!!!!!

i thought about a MacBook, but i have an NEC 1970GX, & i don't care to go smaller. so i'm rethinking, & might do a new Mini.

btw, i don't do microsoft-anything

Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  9:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now, that's what I like to hear! Once you go mac.....the rumors are true. I have two mac computers at home, one of which is a 5 year old Powerbook Titanium G4. The thing runs just as well as by brand new Mac Pro, and it's 5 years old! This phone is sure to be just as great. mac seems to be the Crown of the computer industry...built to be pretty, cutting edge, and built to last!

=
Go to Top of Page

Gini
Top Member

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  05:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Gini an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i had a MacBook G4, but i sold it to my nephew, he wanted to have a Mac, & couldn't afford anything newer, & couldn't wait till he got what he needs to get (he's a photographer). Mac the world! w00t!

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  06:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gini

Heck yes! Thats always good to hear, but the bad news is I am typing this of an XP I've grown up on Mac, and I love it. My old school used Power Macintosh 5200's (1995) in their classrooms until about last year. And they did the job quite well too. But they like the eMacs even better (I wonder where they keep getting those from --- Apple Discontinued those!)

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  10:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a kinda cool site if you want to know where your local cell towers are and who owns them....

http://www.cellreception.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  10:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC

This is a kinda cool site if you want to know where your local cell towers are and who owns them....

With an average of 1 out of 5 in the Comments section regarding coverage in my area, I suddenly have a new respect for the near-perfect reception I get while using my cell phone in that one corner of the room it works in upstairs.

I think our town is a dead zone for almost everything from cell phones to the new 800 radios we're attempting to use at the Fire Department.

Neat website, IC.
Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Buskid

quote:
Originally posted by IC

With an average of 1 out of 5 in the Comments section regarding coverage in my area, I suddenly have a new respect for the near-perfect reception I get while using my cell phone in that one corner of the room it works in upstairs.

I think our town is a dead zone for almost everything from cell phones to the new 800 radios we're attempting to use at the Fire Department.

Neat website, IC.

Same here in my area (Ballston-Spa, NY). The cell phone reception here is absolutely awful! I look ridiculous lingering around the streets of my neighborhood with my face glued to my phone watching to see if I get a single bar of service. Sure, I practically live down the street from one of the most top-secret nuclear bases in the country, but hey, who ever thought that might interfere with cell phone reception?

What is this "Hydraulic Brakes" nonsense you speak of?
Go to Top of Page

School Bus 7

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a Sprint Katana and I cant even use it at my house. Heck I cant even get high speed Internet.

Edited by - School Bus 7 on 07/03/2007 12:33:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  12:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You won't see me with an iPhone.

Too damn expensive, and way too much !@#?$% hype over it.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

PCW

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  08:09:41 AM  Show Profile  Send PCW an AOL message  Send PCW a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just spent enough on this. The iphone is a good idea for people who have way too much money to spend. At least I had a good reason to buy this for my video editing.

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  08:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a Motorola RAZR V3, I've had the phone since early January and I'm happy with it, I've used the same service provider since I purchased my first cell phone in 1994.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  6:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CHRISTIAN!!! I'm so glad you've made the switch. Hope you are enjoying it!

=
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The husband just bought one last week. I'm typing this message on it right now actually. It's kind of addicting; especially when you're on the road as we are now!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  7:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Come October when Mac OS 10.5 is released, I'll be doing the switch, too . (knocks on wood violently)

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000