New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  8:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our district owns 12 1998 Blue Bird FE's 1-6 have blue seats and 7-12 have red seats. I find it odd that the buses with the red seats have door troubles. If you know how to fix this please let me know. When you pull the door switch the lights flash everything works but the doors open 10-15 seconds later which is very annoying, when you shut the door the door closes but then 10-15 seconds after that the lights turn off, How can I adjust this?

Craig Thoricht

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  03:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this is an air operated door in the panel above the door are flow control valves on both ends of the cylinder. Using very small adjustments at a time open the flow controls to achieve quicker opening speed. I stress small adjustments because these flow controls are sensitive to adjustment. Bluebird spec on opening and closing speed is 3 seconds both ways. You may also want to be sure that the nuts that lock down the right side are tight and adjusted where you want them to be. We've seen those come loose and affect operating speed as well. The electrical switch that shuts off the red lights is mounted in there as well and the plate that trips the switch can swivel out of position and cause problems, also.
If the doors are electric I can't help you.

Good luck.

Regards-
Craig
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  7:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks I will have to try that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000