Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Allison 3060 shutting off
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dravo

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  4:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dravo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is what the driver said happened on a 3 hour field trip, mostly highway driving: The transmission stopped working, The motor remained on, the trans gear indicator said 0*, and the speedometer stopped working. After coasting to the side of the road, he turned the engine off, then started the bus again and everything worked fine untill the same thing occured 45 minutes later. This happened 3 times on each leg of the trip. The bus is an 01 Thomas ER, Cat 3126 B 230 with an Allison 3060 trans. Any ideas???

jperkins

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  4:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dravo have you checked the trans codes you can check them with the shifter pad push both arrow buttons at the same time and should be able to retrive the codes with the key in the on position my guess would be code 35-00 which would indicate a loss of power or grounds to the trans ECU if that is the problem I can post the terminal pins in the ECU connector for you tomorrow should be a dedicated circut from the battery to the ECU most of the time on thomas buses it is corrored battery cables or needs to be rewired from batts to ECU with 12 gauge wire and fused
Go to Top of Page

Dravo

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  3:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dravo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the code that came up: d16600. I pushed the two arrows a couple time and this code repeatedly appeared.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  4:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You may find the following link to be of assistance:

http://www.allisontransmission.com/servlet/DownloadFile?Dir=publications/pubs&FileToGet=SA3360EN.pdf
Go to Top of Page

jperkins

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  2:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dravo code 66-00 is a serial communication interface fault between the engine ecm and the trans ecu also did you push the mode button to display more codes when you brought up d-1 code and read it you can push the mode button and retrive d-2 code and so on till you reach d-5 I will bring home my troubling shooting manual tommorrow and should be able to give you the pin and wie numbers you need to check
Go to Top of Page

jperkins

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006 :  11:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dravo code 66-00 you need to check wires numbers 142 and 151 for opens or shorts they are in the s connecter of the trans ecu which is the black connecter wire 142 is at pin s1 and 151 wire is at pin s17 this is the commucation between the eng and trans for throttle source and engine coolant signals you could have an engine computer problem ,engine throttle or engine coolant fault or wiring problems hope this helps Dravo
Go to Top of Page

Dravo

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  9:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dravo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000