Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Cummins ISB Stalling, Looking For Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan014

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dan014's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am an ASE certified mechanic who now works for attorneys.
We represent a man, his wife and child who was horribly injured (brain injury AND paralysis below his waist) when a Bloodmobile stalled in his lane of traffic on the Florida Turnpike on 1/28/03. The Bloodmobile was a customized 1999 Bluebird bus powered by a Cummins ISB 5.9 with a Bosch VP44 fuel injector pump with about 61,000 miles on it.
Through testing with the Bloodbank, we learned the cause of the stall was a failure of the PSG (electronic control module) on the VP44. The engine shut down in traffic and was not allowed to restart. Fault codes were 361 and 374.
I am trying to learn how widespread a problem this was and what, if anything, was done about it once the problem began showing up. I have seen some of your postings about VP44s going down and would like to talk with you. If you had problems with the VP44, could you write to me at dosredkar@ForTheInjured.com? I would especially like to talk to bbird66, BusBoy1, wrenchmen, and Joe Hartnett.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed you. Hope you got it.

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

Dan014

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  11:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dan014's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by bbird66

I e-mailed you. Hope you got it.

Go to Top of Page

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  5:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a VERY common problem, and the NTSB has a current investigation on it as I recall.

I have personally replaced no fewer than three VP44s for the same symptoms.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000