Bus models
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just sent an e-mail to the director of custom models at Athern. I suggested he look here on the forums and see if he thinks there is enough interest to have them make school bus models. If he posts, please respond favorably if you are interested. Thanks

PS Do you think they'd use 349 as a prototype?

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  4:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea!
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdfan
Advanced Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  4:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit bluebirdfan's Homepage  Send bluebirdfan an AOL message  Send bluebirdfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Im interested, They need to make a All American FE with doors that open. I would also like to see Wayne FE's Carpenter FE's & IC/AmTran FE's
Go to Top of Page

ThomasER0005
Top Member

USA
576 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  5:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a great idea, i would like to see some Thomas ER's and conventionals and some IC-RE's and conventionals.

Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  9:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two words.. THOMAS FORD!!!!!!! I am VERY interested if this works out! I own a Fire Engine made by Athern.. (on the Ford C-Series cab-over chassis) VERY VERY high quality! Hmm some stuff I want to see, Thomas Ford, Carpenters, BLue Bird All Americans (FE and RE) and a good ol' Thomas EF. But anything on a Ford chassis would make me happy! One requst... it would be nicest if the buses were "O Scale" (anywhere from 1/50-1/55).
Greg
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  10:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would like to see some Crown Internationals and any kind of schools bus body with a Freightliner FS-65 chassis.

Edited by - Bus9709 on 10/08/2005 10:37:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  08:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THIS IS GREAT, ANOTHER SITE FOR ME TO BUY BUSES FROM!! GREAT!!

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  3:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wayne FEs would be one of my pics.
But I have to go with WARD SENATOR FE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fully KY spec'd, opening doors, a kit to personalize them for your district, and all that good stuff.
I'd buy at least 5! (if they were cheap enough)

I feel a company should be deticated to bus models. Not no 'toy car hot wheels size ones' I mean like the Road Champs IHC Wayne or the HDX by Thomas (model). They should have a big line of them, including 1985 IHC Waynes, 1983 GMC Blue Birds (for you GMCBlueBird83), 1985 IHC Blue Birds, all that good stuff. If the models were under $10, they'll definatly have my business!

~Jake ~

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

wolfman01

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  8:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd latch onto a crown supercoach, or Thomas Transitliner ER.

Proud owner of "ol Smokey", a 1982 Thomas Transitliner ER, bus #40 retired from Texas A&M University. Its currently in the process of being converted for it's second life as an R.V.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  8:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a good idea.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  08:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just got a reply from Mr. Engstrom. It says that they will discuss the idea at an upcoming development meeting. The e-mail address is customtrains@athearn.com

539 - Repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  09:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great!

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000