Enter Forum: Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Driving In High Winds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chasjohnson67

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  05:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit chasjohnson67's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a statue in the state of Florida that determine when a school bus is not to be driven during high winds? If so, what is the wind speed and does it varies by school districts?

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  7:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The current rule, I believe, is 40 mph. I don't think it's a statute, but a DOE rule and it should be statewide, if in fact that's the case.
Joe

Joe
Land of the Free, because of the Brave!
Go to Top of Page

no3foreternity

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  09:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here in Alaska, the wind has to knock out the power to cancle school. i've driven to and from school in winds of 35-40 sustained and gusts up to 110mph. the only variable is if it is winter and the wind chill gets below -40F

I say "Good Morning" and call them by name,and in return I'm told the same,they go sit down and think of a rule to break,but are quickly subdued when warned of the actions I'll take. They've learned to follow the rules can be safe and can be fun........and after the high schoolers it will be the elementary run!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000