New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2023 :  08:25:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys i just got finished putting a def header in a 2015 c2 with 6.7 cummins and i was doing a park regen and about twenty minutes into it the red stop light came on and i got code 3712 and 3714 one is scr inducment data and the other is engine protection derate now if u read discripiton of both codes they say for information purposes only and dont give a tree to go down any ideas?

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2023 :  07:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
states to run aftertreatment maintance ( I assume this means reset the doc,dpf,scr)
reset nox sensors( not sure what this is, reset def purge counter??) , perform regen and codes will go inactive then they will clear

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2023 :  09:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i reset the dpf i will try doing the others as well thank u
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  05:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is technical escalation process un code 3712 diag tree the step says if nothing found follow technical escalation process what is that????

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  05:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found something that says i need to run a NOx reset command how do i do this i looked everywhere on insite but i dont see anything that does a NOx reset?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2023 :  06:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did some reading and found i can also recalibrate the ecm i have done this many times when there is an update but never recalibrated from a saved work order does anyone now how to do it i believe u go into work order and click the template but not sure what to do next?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2023 :  12:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i searched and found few things that could clear the code but didnt work so i ended up having to re calibrate the ecm and all is good wouldnt u no i have another one that had a bad def injector nozzle replaced it and again couldnt clear the active 3712 and 3714 so now i have to calibrate this one two never had this happen ever now two in a row wow
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2023 :  1:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just in case anyone runs into this issue i had to go one quick serve download the calibration for this bus then install it to ecu and finally bus is fine now been on road for few weeks no problems what a nightmare cant believe thats the only way to get that stop engine like out an for code to go inactive
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2023 :  09:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Heads up to all automotive mechanics working on Cummins engines. DO NOT clear all codes and see what comes back if you have an active de-rate code, find the code that set the de-rate first. You can then clear the inactive codes but not the one that set the de-rate, repair for the code and run a regen or road test until the de-rate goes inactive before you can clear all codes. Failure to follow will cause you to have to reprogram the ECM. I have a hard time getting my newer auto techs to learn that heavy duty is different.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  11:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i didnt just clear the code and see what comes back i new what the problem was fixed it but could not get the active codes to clear that is y i had to reflash the ecm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000