New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raymond47

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2023 :  05:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning

While checking out codes for the after treatment system on one of our Cummins ISB engines I came across an article on DPF temperature stabilization. The article says activation of this feature will help reduce DPF plugging and frequency of stationary regens It does this by keeping the exhaust system warm during stop and low speed applications.
Has anybody done this with their fleet? Is this a good thing? Are there any negatives to activating this feature. It sounds like it might help with intercity bus routes.

Any comments?

Tks. Raymond

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2023 :  12:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have had that turned on for a few years now we dont have many dpf problems only thing i get complaints about is when its hot out and the driver opens entrance door the kids complain its really hot by the door because the dpf is so hot because of the stay warm but other then that no issues. all tho i do have one in the shop now with a clogged egr cooler but i always replace them with one from bullet proof diesel and they never give me a problem after that

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 05/23/2023 12:51:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2023 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raymond, can you share the article you found?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

raymond47

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2023 :  04:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just put this in my search engine “cummins aftertreatment diesel particulate filter temperature stabilization” and started to read the results. The one from Carolinathomas is a walk through on turning it on.
I tried it on one of our 2013’s and did notice the hot exhaust lamp was on all the time under 5 klm an hour, will it turn off when a regen is not needed we will have to wait and see as it seemed to work on my short 45 min road test. Will this confuse the driver and cause problems we will have to wait and see. It is one of our spares so I will also have to wait and see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2023 :  08:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i forgot about the light our drivers no now what that light means at first everyone was screamin there bus had check engine light on but i explained to them and now they know its not on all the time just sometimes but no problems
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000