Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 C2 front brakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

25mm Gunner

4 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2022 :  12:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit 25mm Gunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2013 Thomas C2. Came in needing new pads. Installed new pads with new calipers because the cap on the pistons was bulging with corrosion. Bleed the lines and drive it. Brakes hot as hell. jack it up spin the tire and its very hard to spin. I have replace calipers replace lines replaced the master cylinder. Bled everything and still no good. When I go home and check it the next morning spins freely. I also loosened the master cylinder to make sure the Plunger wasn't staying out causing pressure. Could my abs module be doing this?
Thank you

25mm Gunner

4 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  11:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit 25mm Gunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok so changed out the ABS module. No difference.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  05:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No hydraulic buses here, so shot in the dark. Is there a residual pressure valve on these? I seem to recall Ford having them. I could see a bad one holding way too much pressure.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  05:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when the wheel is hard to spin, if you crack a bleed screw does it get easier?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000