New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2021 :  12:22:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a 2016 c2 with 6.7 driver just brought in with check engine light on def level light red lightis on but the def tank is full i have these active codes 3868 def quaility 4677 def tank level 4572 def tank temp and these inactive codes 6688 particulate sensor abnormal and 6652 DPF soot senor module i did a breif read and it saying check the terminating resistor? i no these c2's have problems with the tank module can that be it or do i chase the resistor not very good with def stuff

671Fan

47 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2021 :  12:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit 671Fan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most likely the def sensor unit. Lots of failures on those and usually a pretty good wait time for parts. Has it gone into derate yet? You might have to do the reflash to prevent it from derating while you wait for parts.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2021 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
def sensor unit is that the one in tank i tapped on the tank and the green lights came back on the gauge for a second and then went out so is the sensor unit in the tank or the thing on frame
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2021 :  06:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tank has the sensor the thing on the frame should be heater/valve change them both out
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2021 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
both thats gonna be pricey
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2021 :  08:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
push hard for this to be warranty. Like escalate as high as need be.
IH/Cummins are having TONS of these failures, some repeatedly. to the point that dealership have a line of vehicles waiting for DEF QLS units to arrive. One of my trucks was down for 2 months waiting for a DEF QLS.

Newer units can have the system sort of bypassed, per EPA and CARB, but the older ones have to have the whole system functioning.

my 2017's have each had the DEF QLS replaced 8 times...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000