Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 PGN Codes on School Buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christopherbunnell

3 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2021 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit christopherbunnell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am interested in trying to read the PGN codes through the J1939 port of school buses. Does anyone have a list of manufacturer specific PGN codes for Thomas Bus, IC Bus, or Blue Bird?

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Chris
(207) 671-6293
ix.bunnell.xi@gmail.com

christopherbunnell

3 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2021 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit christopherbunnell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I was told that Bluebird is implementing the capability to read manufacturer specific PGN codes from the J1939 port effective with their 2022 School Bus Models. We are most interested n reading the codes for the following features:

Ambers Activated/Deactivated
Reds Activated/Deactivated
Front Door open/closed
Stop Paddle Activated/Deactivated
Driver Seat Belt Engaged/Disengaged
Crossing Gate Activated/Deactivated
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2021 :  08:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure what you are seeking, but with the parameters you would like to see , with an IH bus DLB(diamond logic) will see these values, and for Thomas it would be service link to see what the SEM CHM and bluebird no software yet , hope this is what you were seeking

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

christopherbunnell

3 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2021 :  12:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit christopherbunnell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes! I believe you are exactly on target. I learned yesterday that Bluebird vehicles 2022 and forward will include J1939 access to this data.

With the IH can the DLB be read through the J1939 data link or else how do I access the data? Same question for the Thomas - how/where di we access the data?

quote:
Originally posted by Bluenozer

not sure what you are seeking, but with the parameters you would like to see , with an IH bus DLB(diamond logic) will see these values, and for Thomas it would be service link to see what the SEM CHM and bluebird no software yet , hope this is what you were seeking

Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2021 :  02:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
through the 9 pin under dash and use a neqix or any communicator, service link is free, I think, and DLB it has a yearly subscription and you need a laptop
access info goggle is about the best tool, if you can get a c70 account from DTNA(your local Freightliner dealer) you can access wire diagrams, parts etc

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000