8 way issues, 2021 International CE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  05:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday morning one of my newer buses started randomly activating the red 8-ways (stop arm and crossing gate as well) while driving down the road. I disconnected the "red override" switch as well as the rotary entrance door switch and the problem continued. Not sure where to begin with this one. Vin on this unit is 4DRBUC8P9MB336350. Any ideas?

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  07:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we had a 2021 IH with ID lamps coming on by themselves in the middle of the night, there was a new flash for the ESC , they did that and never happened again
we had issues with the rotary door switch also( another unit, but 8 ways would not start)
is there a switch above the door for activating and stopping the red pick up lights

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  04:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: I suspected the BCM was the issue so I swapped BCM's with a sister bus to see if the problem stays with the vehicle or goes with the BCM. Unfortunately, swapping BCM's made the problem go away entirely. I'm guessing that the act of unplugging it and plugging it all back in reset something internally??? I talked to a guy at our dealership and he suggested updating the BCM. Using Diamond Logic Builder, I was able to reconfigure the software from version 332 to 371. I put this bus back on the route yesterday and haven't had any more issues so far. If it acts up again, this will be getting a new BCM.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000