Purchase of existing contractor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tlj2741

United States
7 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2021 :  10:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm considering the purchase of an existing bus contractor in PA. I'm meeting with the current owner later this month for an initial discussion and have a long list of questions. But, with many of you as long-time professionals in the industry, I'm curious what questions that you recommend I ask about the operation, fleet, management, contracts, etc.?

32 type C buses, 17 type A buses, 7 SBCV's and several minivans. There are also several parts vehicles not included in the above count. Most of the type C buses are Mercedes powered FS65's, a few DT466E powered BB's, and few mid-2010's Cummins powered C2's. All have over 100k mi, the highest with about 270k mi. The type A's and SBCV's are mostly GM, but a few Fords, both Thomas and BB bodies.

Definitely going to need to start a regular replacement program, although continuous body work has occurred, there comes a point when it's time to say goodbye.

Services include a school district, private schools, pre-school, college and some charter work.

Thank you in advance for helping me consider this possibility.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000