Vision question about clearance lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  07:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am back with another issue and seems like I have been having a lot of issues and appreciate all the help I have been given . Have 2020 Vision . I realize this could be fixed under warranty but we need the bus and nearest dealer is over 100 miles away . So I am hoping to fix it in house and wondered if anybody else has run across this . The clearance lights keep popping the breaker . I have an email into blue bird but thought I would ask here .

Edited by - valleybusman on 09/29/2021 07:57:47 AM

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found the relay that they use are cheap and had some fail internally, and had some that work for a short time then shutdown , during training they told us the front left corner ( where the front bulkhead is) the harness has issues there also

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  09:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bluenozer would that pop a breaker ? Thank you !!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  10:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did not on the units I worked on, but if if failed internally it could back feed or ground it out which would pop a fuse, the harness issue on the front left corner would pop it

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  10:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pull down your dome light covers on both sides and look behind the harness for any rivets that are shinny. They usually rub into the harness. If so you might want to loom over the harness. Make sure all of your wire ties are in place.

Check above your entry door, in the compartment, particularly if it's an air door. Look for any wiring that is being hit by the door rod or piston.

Found on repaired far too many for 2015- 2021's

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2021 :  09:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I fixed it . I moved some wires rubbing on the metal ledge above the door . Was just a guess but so far it's working .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000