Keeps blowing circuit breaker ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2021 :  12:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2010 Thomas forward control saftliner with a Cummins . Yesterday driver said her emergency doors wouldn't turn on the buzzer when opened . found a blown circuit breaker . Reset the breaker and sent it out on PM run . This morning same thing happened .Now it will reset but as soon as ignition is on it pops . What I am wondering and not sure what it is but the diagram says it controls a pilot light too . So what's the best way to tackle this ? I even went so far as to try a 20 amp and it blew right now . What ever is wrong must a direct to ground .

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2021 :  02:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the wires rub through at window frames before and cause this issue, had to unplug each exit one at a time until it wouldn't blow then removed frame to find bad wires this was a 2014 C2

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2021 :  04:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't this circuit such that it's looking for ground to active the alarm? Or has that changed for Thomas?

That would reduce the number of places to look down to the physical locations of the alarms/pilot lights and the wiring to them and only them. I've disconnected each buzzer individually at times and at other times disconnected the wiring in the front where it departs to go to the rear of the bus, just to narrow down locations.

I need to invest in a power probe, I'm told it's pretty sweet for tracking thing things down.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000