Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Timing gears not lining up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2021 :  9:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Working on an 04 IC RE 300 with a DT-530 engine. I am replacing the front cover of the engine. Set gears at timing marks before taking them off. Replaced cover now can't seem to line up the timing marks on the gears when putting them back on. Didn't move cam or crank when gears were off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2021 :  08:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I think back I might have moved the cam gear a little trying to take it off. What do you do in this instance? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2021 :  02:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been awhile since I replaced a cam , you have gears off for this job , the gear will only go on the cam one way? But I can't remember there is a holder that bolts up under the gear I think this will line it up but its been two years or more

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

TRex

89 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2021 :  3:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit TRex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You might have to back the valve adjustment off. Valve spring pressure can make to hard to turn the cam easily.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000