Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Fleet management software
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2019 :  07:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all I have service finder from trans finder. Its not all its cut out to be. Just wondering what you guys are using to track
cost, parts inventor,bus history and oil changes. Im a fleet of 160 so paper records is not ideal.

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2019 :  10:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Fleetio. Works great for me. They charge based on the total number of assets and have unlimited users. 160 might take a while to get set up but after that it should be easy. Besides the service and maintenance I use the unlimited users to keep track of my pull notice renewals.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2019 :  07:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fleet Vision. Easy to use.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

jmeyer92

19 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2019 :  08:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit jmeyer92's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The company I work for uses trans finder for some stuff, but our actual fleet management software is RTA. It works pretty good. Has inventory tracking for parts and shop supplies, keeps the maintenance schedule on track and gives you different options for intervals. Overall I like it, but I've never used any of the others, so I wouldn't be able to make a comparison for you.
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  05:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use SEON for fleet management and also for operations. We're transitioning over so it's a bit messy but I hope that once it's completely up and running it'll be everything they promised.
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2019 :  12:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never even realized Seon had a fleet maintenance program. I will say fleet maintenance programs that we have looked at and or have used all of them have a lot of glitches or stuff I would like that are just not there. I used autoinfo when we had the salvage and parts yard which was awesome. So I was spoiled with reports and ease of use and a lot of common sense stuff you need to see that's right in front of you. simple things like parts list used on that vehicle, cross reference parts, service schedule for both mileage and days. flags for duplicate parts put on a vehicle that are still under warranty. what parts to stock and how many and not me trying to figure out a number to put in the spot. the software should figure this out for you. If I had a grocery store and sold 10 loafs a bread a week I better have stock 10 loafs of bread on the self a week.
The only 1 I would really like to try is TMW fleet maintenance also know as TMT I think but it was big bucks last time I checked.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2021 :  04:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bumping up this thread....We are looking into fleet maintenance software and I've narrowed it down to Servicefinder or UpKeep. Has anyone used UpKeep? It's not tailored specific to school buses, but it has a very nice user interface and ability to be used this way. Interested to hear your opinions. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

nquintrall

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  06:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Fleetio here. It covers inventory, inspections, maintenance reminders, service tasks, driver renewals and has a lot of different reports that are very broad, but can be refined with different filters. I like the fact that suggestions can be made and if enough people ask for the same features, they will add them eventually. There is an app that we use on cell phones for inspections and mechanics can create work orders and track their time through the app. I like the custom fields that we can add for things like in service date to track warranty. Reminders can trigger off of dates, miles, or hours. It ties in with our telemetry and can update the hours and miles on buses and white fleet. I have our Wex card updating in the system to track fuel and mileage and can manually import our fuel island easily. I am currently running about 90 units in the system and it cost $5400 a year. That doesn't include the telemetry. Fleetio can work and will work with just about any telemetry provider. We started from scratch with them, but another district is moving from Servicefinder and they said they just had to export a .csv file for ServiceFinder, modify the format, and import to Fleetio. I have only a couple of gripes with the system. 1 it doesn't remind you about open p.o.'s and 2 it still has mileage logic issues. I have drivers that mix numbers or forget a decimal point in an inspection. I will have a unit go from 100294.6 mile to 1,002,946 overnight. They are working on the logic and it has gotten better. The last problem I have is when updating inventory, I have to edit the part to mark the price change. There isn't a feature yet to update the part price with received inventory. Overall, it works very good for us.

If it's important enough to tell me about, it's important enough to create an issue.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  10:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use GMS from ARI. I do not recommend it, but that may be in part to how my higher ups are utilizing it.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2021 :  03:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I'll look more into Fleetio.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000