Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  5:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
We're curious if this will affect any of your operations. Please take a look and leave a comment on the story or here in thread.
http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Bus-Maintenance/News/2010/07/01/Prices-raised-on-Bridgestone-tires.aspx
If not tires, are there other school bus equipment items that have had prices going up lately? Anything prohibitive to keeping things running?
Thanks,
Claire Atkinson, SBF senior editor

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  08:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would expect that this particular increase would have a minimal impact at the end user level. The OEM's have options for Bridgestone but I don't believe any of them use Bridgestone as their "preferred" tire supplier. This increase may replacement tire purchases some.

Obviously, emission regs have had the biggest equipment cost impact this year. Besides that commodity prices such as glass, copper, and steel have actually stayed pretty steady so they are not creating new equipment price increases.
Go to Top of Page

matts4290
Advanced Member

224 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  7:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit matts4290's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are in the "tire world", you would know that there have been several increases in prices on tires. We usually had small price increases every three months or so. A lot of fossil fuels are used in making tires, and that was a big reason for the price increases when the price of oil rose. I have had pretty good luck with firestone/bridgestone, but I do not like the bridgestone R250. They are part of the state purchase program. Four out of five times, I take them off of a truck, they are unevenly worn and/or out of round. I've seen this too many times for coincidence or to blame it on the trucks mechanical condition.

We can't all be conventional!
http://www.youtube.com/user/matts4290
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000