As schools reopen for in-person learning this fall, Leece-Neville has introduced a comprehensive offering of starters and alternators with features designed specifically to enhance school bus performance.
With IdlePro and IdlePro Extreme alternators and the PowerPro Extreme 5 starter motor, as well as the 4000 series of high-amp alternators, Prestolite and Leece-Neville products are engineered to help ensure consistent power at the start and then to every vital vehicle system — cameras, air conditioning, wheelchair lifts, warning lights, and more — even at idle, according to a news release from Leece-Neville.
For decades, Prestolite has worked closely with original equipment manufacturers and school districts to develop alternators and starters that meet the unique electrical load requirements of school buses.
“We’re proud to be the go-to provider for original equipment manufacturers and a preferred aftermarket supplier of alternators and starters to school bus garages across the country,” said Jonathan Smith, assistant director of sales and marketing for Prestolite. “And with our hassle-free ‘Prestolite Power Promise’ warranty, school bus technicians can count on us to keep their buses moving.”
Leece-Neville IdlePro and IdlePro Extreme alternators produce output at low engine speeds, a vital feature for vehicles that spend most of their working lives at low RPM while also powering higher-than-usual electrical draws.
The alternator features can include:
• 12-volt, 210- and 240-amp outputs available in a dual internal fan design.
• 12-volt, 280-, 325-, 350- and 420-amp outputs available in a best-in-class brushless design.
• Minimum of 63% to 90% of a unit’s rated maximum output at engine idle (in certain applications.)
• Remote sense capable — returns battery to full charge between stops and reduces overall charging time.
• Rated up to 125° Celsius — ideal for the high-temperature environment commonly found in school bus applications.
• eCoated, heavy-duty housing to reduce corrosion and improve vibration resistance.
• All new, no core.
• Assembled in the U.S.
Leece-Neville PowerPro Extreme 5 starters are designed to provide school bus operators with unmatched performance in a space-saving package and offer the following additional features:
• 12-volt, 5-kilowatt starting power in 6- to 10-liter engines.
• Weight of 21.5 pounds.
• All new, no core.
• Sealed and noseless design to protect against dust, oil, and other contaminants.
• Planetary gear reduction design for higher torque/speed and less power consumption.
• Integrated Magnetic Switch technology to eliminate voltage drops.
• Soft start relay technology to prevent ring gear damage.
To learn more about these and other Leece-Neville products, go to www.prestolite.com or contact the company at email@example.com.
See all comments